Last modified: 2011-05-14 by andrew weeks
Keywords: lubnice |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
Established in 1238 as a fair-town.
It was here, in the Cisterian monastery, where Maria Cunitz (Maria Kunicka), a Polish-German astrologist known as "Silesian Pallas", wrote 'Urania propitia' (published in 1650).
Arms and flag adopted on March 29, 2006 (resolution # XXXV/161/2006).
"Arms: on a blue, gothic, Spanish-style shield a golden Jagiellonian crown above a silver water mill's wheel.
Below, a silver, wavy ribbon symbolizing the River Prosna.
Flag: rectangular, blue piece of cloth in the ratio 5:8 with the Arms
placed in its middle."
Chrystian Kretowicz, 8 Dec 2008